Saturday, May 23, 2009

Grilled Lemon Thyme Chicken and Tasty Coleslaw

 

This post is linked to Go Ahead Honey, It's Gluten Free


Hosted by Gluten Free Frenzy August 2010.

Tonight I tried one of the recipes from the Delight gluten free magazine and it was very good.
I won't reprint it here without permission but the Grilled Lemon Thyme Chicken was very easy to make and very good. I didn't put the recommended sides with it though I made my Tasty Coleslaw which I can give you the recipe for. However, the amounts are just guesses because I don't really measure anything.

Tasty Coleslaw

1/2 cup mayonaise (I use Kraft Olive Oil blend)
3 tablespoons sugar (I use Splenda)
1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/8 - 1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 - 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp celery seed
dash black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 bag cole slaw cabbage mix

Blend all ingredients except cabbage mix until smooth, add cabbage and toss until well coated.
*please note that amounts are approximate, I don't really measure I just pour some in my hand until it looks right.  So adjust to taste.
I like more celery seed myself, and usually leave the black pepper out.
 

I know it is a lot of ingredients but it is well worth the effort, all of my friends just love this recipe, even those who normally don't like coleslaw.

Wendy's Tasty Cole Slaw on FoodistaWendy's Tasty Cole Slaw

3 comments:

Cinde said...

I like the combination of the dressing ingredients Wendy...I think I will try this soon. :)
Cinde
http://www.glutenfreetasteofhome.blogspot.com/

mb said...

Hi Wendy - the coleslaw sounds great. Thanks for the post - got to run - my plane is pulling up to the gate...

alisa said...

I'm always on the lookout for a new coleslaw recipe.Cant wait to try this :)I saw your site from the foodieblogroll and if you won't mind, I'd love to guide foodista readers to your site.Just add a foodista widget at the end of this blog post and it's ready to go.Thanks!